By Stacia Misner, Philo Janus
Master Microsoft's enterprise Intelligence Tools
Building built-in company Intelligence strategies with SQL Server 2008 R2 & place of work 2010 explains easy methods to take complete good thing about Microsoft's collaborative enterprise intelligence (BI) instruments. quite a few strong, versatile applied sciences are lined, together with SQL Server research prone (SSAS), Excel, Excel providers, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration prone (SSIS), Server Reporting prone (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint companies, and grasp information companies. This sensible consultant specializes in deveoloping end-to-end BI recommendations that foster trained determination making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating company info with SSAS
• Maximize the research functions of Excel and Excel Services
• mix facts from diverse resources and fasten facts for research with PowerPivot
• circulation information into the method utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and put up experiences with SSRS
• combine info from disparate purposes, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of knowledge in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map characteristic for complicated visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in facts utilizing the SSAS info mining engine
• deal with grasp info administration with grasp information Services
• submit the elements of your BI resolution and practice administrative initiatives
Read or Download Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010 PDF
Best microsoft books
Learn fuels innovation--and with this targeted advisor to Microsoft be aware, you could aid raise your team's collaborative energy and effectiveness, and convey new learn to lifestyles. Writing proposals, reviews, magazine articles, theses, and different technical files as a workforce poses specified demanding situations, now not the least of that's constant presentation and voice.
Free up the fantastic tale buried on your presentation—and fail to remember uninteresting, bullet-point-riddled slides ceaselessly! Guided by means of communications professional Cliff Atkinson, you’ll stroll you thru an leading edge, three-step technique for expanding the effect of your presentation. realize the way to mix vintage storytelling suggestions with the facility of visible media to create a wealthy, enticing adventure together with your viewers.
The wonderful means to profit Microsoft place of work expert 2013--one step at a time! event studying made easy--and fast educate your self easy methods to get extra performed with Microsoft be aware, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, entry, and writer. With step-by-step, you put the pace--building and training the talents you would like, simply should you want them!
Absolutely up to date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to assist company directors advance real-world, job-role-specific talents - this education advisor specializes in deploying and dealing with middle infrastructure providers in home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a chain of classes, routines, and advised practices - and support maximize your functionality at the activity.
- Microsoft WSH and VBScript Programming for the Absolute Beginner
- Microsoft Windows Xp Professional-Systembetreuer: Workstation
- Microsoft Excel 2003 Programming Inside Out
- Textverarbeitung mit Microsoft WORD
- Microsoft Project 2010 Bible
- Microsoft Excel Programmierung - Das Handbuch: Automatisierung mit VBA & Co - Für Excel 2007 - 2013
Extra resources for Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010
Just remember as you redesign indicators that people have come to expect red, yellow, and green for underperforming, near target, and on or above target, respectively. You don’t want to have to train everyone who looks at the scorecard what fuchsia means. Next is an “ultimate target,” which is a longer-term goal. Having short-term and long-term goals can help keep your folks energized. Trying to care about a five-year goal on a day-to-day basis can be challenging. The trend arrow simply gives the KPI a sense of being in motion, as opposed to a static snapshot.
Alternatively, it may be used to refer to the entirety of the architecture in Figure 1-6: the staging database, the relational storage, and the analytic functionality. In this book, we’ll use “data Aggregate Data OLAP Server Scrub and Merge Extract Data Staging Database Figure 1-6 Functional diagram of a BI solution Data Warehouse/ Data Mart 9 10 Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions On the Term “Data Warehouse” Personally, we try not to use the word “warehouse” when dealing with a business intelligence initiative.
OLAP analysis lets analysts dig into data to ask various questions and try to find the answers. Data mining is what you do when you don’t even know what question to ask. Essentially, data mining is about identifying patterns in large volumes of data. Data mining is how grocery stores identify purchases that are generally made together, or alternatively, purchases that are not made in the same trip. ” There are a number of definitions or explanations of data mining. ” – David Hand, Heikki Mannila, and Padhraic Smyth, Principles of Data Mining (MIT Press, 2001) SQL Server Analysis Services has a data mining engine built in.
Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010 by Stacia Misner, Philo Janus